The Custom Segment tool allows users to select portions of a full title and create their own custom segments. The custom segments can then be viewed on that title's View Video page, added to a playlist, or embedded into a third party website.
To get started:
- Click on the Custom Segments tab below the video.
- Choose your segment start and endpoints. These can be entered manually or dropped in using the start and stop buttons that sync to the video player.
- Enter a title and description for your segment and then click the create segment button.
- The segment will now appear in the Segment tab on the right-hand side of the video player.
- Segments can be viewed in the player by clicking on them. They can also be deleted by clicking on the trash can icon that appears next to the Segment title.
- Segments can be shared using the Playlist and Embed tabs that appear below the player.
Note: This is an advanced feature and is only available to users that have created free personal user accounts.
If enabled, custom segments can be created from custom content as well. Your account must have custom content, and the permission to create custom segments for a given title must be enabled.
segment, segments, segment builder, builder tool, segment tool, create segment, creating segments, deleting segments, delete segment, custom segments tab, custom segments button