Setting user preferences is only possible once logged in with a user account. Once you are logged in, you can access the user preferences section by clicking on the user profile icon at the top of page. Click on My Account Settings from this menu to access your preferences.
The following options are available inside My Account Settings:
- Default Number of Search Results - Set the preferred number of results to display for searches.
- Default Google Translate Language - Set the primary language used by Google translate.
- Default Maximum Streaming Bitrate - Set the maximum bit rate the video player will use for video playback.
- Default Citation Type - Set the default citation format that will appear first when accessing the citation tab.
- Default Search Result Type - Set the default type of video content to be returned in searches between: Titles and Segments, Segments only, or Full Titles only. NOTE - if you set this to Segments only, you will not be able to view Web Channels or Custom Content if your account has either one.
- Default Embed Code Size - Set the default embed code size that will be used for the embed code tab.
- Closed Captions - Set all videos to always start displaying closed captioning when playing, and various display settings such as font size and color.
- Video Player Mode - Set the default video player mode when viewing videos between theater and standard mode. Theater mode provides a much larger viewing experience.
- Video Playback - Default HD, Enable Autoplay and Enable Continuous Play
Adjust the caption text size, font family, font color, background color behind the caption text, and set captions to always display on videos.
All page tools are set to active by default. Use your mouse to drag page tools up and down to reorder them. This will change the order you see them in from left to right on the player page. Moving page tools over to the left side using the middle arrows will remove them from view on the player page.
- Standards - Controls the viewing of the standards lookup on the player page.
- Citations - Controls the viewing of the citations on the player page. Citations are currently offered in MLA, APA and Chicago Manual of Style. An export to EasyBib option also exists on this tab.
- Add To - Allows content to be added to my favorites or my playlists.
- Custom Segment - Controls the visibility of the custom segment tool on the player page.
- Share - Controls the visibility of share options on the player page and search results.